We believe that our Early Childhood Education learning environment supports the social/emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child. Children’s learning is entwined, all-inclusive and their home experiences are integral to the child’s development at school. We undertake meaningful learning experiences that are culturally relevant, value existing knowledge and extend on home learning to develop the whole child.
Children are capable and competent learners. As teachers we uphold this view to inspire students to become lifelong learners. We believe that in order for each child to realise their full potential they need opportunities to participate in differentiated learning experiences through purposeful play and explicit instruction. Giving students opportunities to participate in risk taking to learn and challenge themselves in a safe environment.
The Early Childhood Curriculum at East Kimberley College is an integration of the following documents:
- The Early Years Learning Framework
- Western Australian Curriculum
- Western Australian Kindergarten Guidelines
- Western Australian School Curriculum and Standards Authority exemplars and resources
- National Quality Standards
- Aboriginal Cultural Standards Framework