Parents of Year 7 and 10 students – sign up for free immunisations at school
The Department of Health provides school-based immunisation programs to protect against diseases.
Make sure you sign and return your consent form for your child to receive free immunisations at school.
Year 7 students are offered two injections of the human papillomavirus vaccine to protect against genital warts and some cancers. They will also be offered a booster of the diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough vaccine. Vaccinations for Year 7s are scheduled in two visits across the school year.
Year 10 students are offered one injection of the meningococcal ACWY vaccine to protect them against four strains of meningococcal disease.
For more information about school-based immunisation visit healthywa.wa.gov.au/immunisation
Registering for a child or dependant on VaccinateWA
- Log in to your VaccinateWA (external site) account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one first. From your landing page, click on the ‘Manage dependants’ button.
- Click ‘Register Dependant’ to create a new account for your dependant.
- The ‘Personal information’ screen will be displayed, and you will be required to answer questions regarding personal demographic details of the dependant.
- You will then be taken to your dependant’s VaccinateWA landing page, where all the vaccination programs the dependant is eligible for will be displayed, which may include School Based Immunisation Programs.
- You will be able to click the “Apply now” link against the vaccination program you wish to apply for. Upon clicking this, your dependant’s dashboard for that vaccination program will be displayed, outlining the 3 steps that need to be completed.
- Complete Step 1: ‘About me’, which requires you to enter the school name and year group. Start typing in the name of your dependant’s school and select it from a drop-down list. Select ‘Save and continue’ once details have been completed. Note: If your dependant is home schooled they will not be eligible for the School Based Immunisation Program.
- Complete Step 2: ‘Health Questionnaire’. Once complete, click ‘Save and continue’.
- Complete Step 3: ‘Consent’. This step will ask you to select a Vaccination Plan, outlining the details of the vaccines you consent to your dependant receiving. Once you have selected a plan, please click ‘Submit’ which concludes the registration process.