Home New Students



Welcome and thank you for choosing East Kimberley College


The school of choice, empowering students to succeed in the Kimberley region.

Kindergarten Enrolments for 2024 are now open!


If your child is four years old by 30 June 2024 you can apply to enrol them in Kindergarten for 2024.

At the time of enrolment your child will need to have an ‘up to date’ AIR immunisation history statement.

Enrolment packs are available at the Front Office or can be downloaded via the link below.

Please also complete the preferred attendance days form and return to us with your enrolment form.

New Enrolments


A copy of your child’s birth certificate, their immunisation records and and ID must be provided upon lodgement of the enrolment.

The enrolment form must be competed in full with at least one alternative contact for your child, in the event of an accident or illness. It is important to keep enrolment details up to date, as well as emergency addresses and contacts. If any of your details change, please notify the front office as soon as possible on 9168 4400.

Once all forms are completed and returned with appropriate paperwork, a meeting will be organised with one of our Deputy Principals.

On 22 July 2019, changes to the Public Health Act 2016 (WA) and the School Education Act 1999 (WA), came into effect. This will better protect young and vulnerable WA children and the wider community from vaccine-preventable diseases. Under these new changes, the child’s immunisation status must be ‘up-to-date’ according to their AIR Immunisation History Statement to be permitted to enrol.


You can complete the enrolment form which is a fillable pdf, print it out to sign and send it to us along with the required supporting documentation.

There are some services that require us to share some personal information about your child and require you to provide consent for each service before we do so.


Please download a PRIMARY – Online Permission and Policy Form and/or a SECONDARY Online Permission and Policy Form to see the full list of these services and sign at the bottom of the documents.


You can email it to EastKimberley.Col@education.wa.edu.au


Post to:

The Principal

PO Box 617

Kununurra WA 6743


Or hand into the school reception.

You will need to provide the following Supporting Documentation:


Birth certificate or identity documents
When enrolling your child, you will be asked to show your child’s Birth Certificate (original or certified copy) or birth extract or equivalent identity documents.


Immunisation certificate
On enrolment you will be asked to provide your child’s Immunisation Certificate.  Please be aware that if your child has not been immunised (or the immunisation records have not been sighted) and and there is  outbreak of a vaccine preventable disease such as measles of mumps at the School, your child will be exempted from school while the disease runs its course.

To obtain your child’s immunisation records, you can be assisted by the Department of Health via this Immunisation Records link.


Student Healthcare Summary Form 1
All students require an up to date Student Health Care Summary which is available from the school.

It is essential that the school be informed either at enrolment or on diagnosis of your child’s allergies and whether your child has been diagnosed as being at risk of anaphylaxis. In this case you will be required to provide an Australian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy (ASCIA) Action Plan completed by their child’s medical practitioner.  It is important that the ASCIA Action Plan provides details on how to manage mild to moderate allergic reactions and anaphylactic reactions including appropriate medications, as well as listing known allergens.

Medication which is to be taken during school hours MUST be registered at Student Services (Year’s 7-12) or with the Primary Deputy Principal (K-6).  Under no circumstances should medication be carried by students whilst at school.


Court order (if applicable)
Parents must disclose any court orders which contain matters to be taken into account when enrolling the child.

Contributions and Charges

The State Government and the Department of Education permit the school to seek payment of Voluntary Contributions and Charges for each student enrolled at the school. The Voluntary Contributions provide the school with funds to supplement our own resources in purchasing materials and resources valuable in the education of students enrolled at the school.


Payment of the Voluntary Contribution will be greatly appreciated.  Please note that the Personal Use Items (Booklists) include the voluntary contribution and P&C charges within the total costs and this is to be paid to Office National (the preferred supplier).  These charges will be on-paid to East Kimberley College by Office National.


In accordance with the Department of Education Contributions, Charges and Fees Policy, payment of charges for all courses of study in Year 11 and Year 12 is compulsory.


The Voluntary Contribution and Charges schedules have been endorsed by the School Council and are published here to inform parents of anticipated costs for 2020.


View the Contributions & Charges for 2022.


Assistance is available to holders of a Department of Human Services (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card, Department of Human Services (Centrelink) Health Care Card or a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card (blue card only, TPI and gold cards cannot be accepted as they are issued for medical benefit purposes only).  A link to Frequently Asked Question can be found here.